Product Marketing - Strategic Content & Education
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Relationships? We’re all about ‘em. Common Room is focused on enabling deeper relationships between organizations and the people who use their products and services.
We believe that ‘community’ is more than a buzzword—it’s a powerful collection of people who empower each other by sharing knowledge, ideas, feedback, code, curiosity, and enthusiasm. And we believe that it’s time to enable a new type of relationship between organizations and their community members - one that’s based on authenticity, collaboration, and communication across platforms like Slack, Twitter, Discord, GitHub, Intercom, and more. At Common Room, we’re building more than the tools that help organizations build and nurture their communities—we’re building a whole new way of working with the people that matter most. We’re leading a new category specifically focused on the importance of community and, alongside our customers, we’re determining what a best-in-class experience for community-centric growth should look like, feel like, and what it should deliver.
You + Common Room? You’d be joining a team that revels in asking hard questions, collaborating gladly, and making decisions quickly—a team that values simplicity, passion, trust, each other, and our customers above all.
So hello! Please, knock on our door. We'd love to meet you.
Why we need you:
As a product marketer focused on strategic content and education, you’d meet with and listen to a lot of customers, ask lots of questions, and conceptualize and build helpful, clear, and accessible educational product content, both at the high-level and at the level of the nitty gritty. This could take the form of informative and well-researched blog content, deep dive case studies and success stories, how-to product videos, in-product wizard flows, relevant and up-to-date documentation, customer-facing troubleshooting sessions, and other things we perhaps haven’t dreamt of yet.
You’d dream and deliver alongside a small and mighty team of seasoned co-founders, marketers, product designers, product managers, recruiters and, last but never least, the best darn engineering team this side of the Atlantic.
You’d love working with us in this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience in product marketing, customer advocacy, user education, user research, content strategy, tech writing, editing, journalism, or any other related field that makes you a great fit for this role
- Love investigating root problems and sharing solutions through multi-mediums including written words, videos, and live demos
- Can answer complex questions and challenges through content that’s accessible, impactful, easy-to-follow, and dare we say fun?
- Believe that showing is more powerful than telling
- Are comfortable working with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Feel comfortable with ambiguity, horizontal team structures, wearing lots of hats, and TL;DR with a dose of good humor
- Be Customer-centric - We work backwards from the needs of our customers. The crisp articulation of customer value guides our decisions.
- Take Ownership - We move with speed and decisiveness and aren’t afraid to take calculated risks. We hold ourselves accountable for outcomes we own.
- Strive for Simplicity - We choose simplicity over complexity whenever possible. We seek to identify and understand the essential quality of what we are building.
- Dream Big - Where others see constraints, we see opportunities to bring new ideas to life. The best ideas ask “what if?”
- Craft Excellence - We take pride in our craft and are relentless in our pursuit of excellence. But we also know real artists ship.
- We’re In this Together - We measure personal success by the success of our customers and teammates. Relationships matter, and the strongest ones are built on the foundations of trust, enablement, and transparency.
Our investment in caring for our employees and their families is a key part of our values and culture at Common Room:
- Competitive base compensation with meaningful equity ownership
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- We pay 100% of your employee premium and 50% of your premium for any dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Company Holidays
- Work from home policy including a laptop and support for your home office needs
- 401(k) self contribution (coming soon)
- Opportunity to join a diverse, passionate, and fun team at a pivotal time in the company’s lifecycle
- Remote friendly (west coast preferred)
Common Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
City living made better.