Finance Manager, Revenue
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a highly motivated Finance Manager, Revenue to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will play a critical role in building a world class function to help scale Top Hat's rapidly growing business as we progress towards a potential IPO. You will partner with various departments to identify process inefficiencies and implement remediation to strengthen the control environment and develop best-in-class processes through the use of system automation and relevant tools. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who embraces integrity to solve problems.
- Responsible for the month-end close process for revenue recognition procedures
- Prepare supporting revenue recognition documentation and draft monthly journal entries for review and approval, including accounting for contract costs
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules
- Review customer contracts with the sales and legal team to ensure commercial viability and to provide revenue recognition guidance
- Use available technical tools (Netsuite & Excel) to develop revenue reporting to all levels of management
- Design, document, and implement effective internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, the integrity of data, and safeguarding of assets.
- Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes to streamline and automate work, wherever possible
- Assist with preparation of required financial statement revenue recognition disclosures, including preparation of documentation subject to audit procedures
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including finance, sales, data & system on a variety of projects
- Complete special projects and prepare ad hoc analysis on an as needed basis and other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA required.
- 4 - 5 years of progressive experience; ideally a combination of public accounting (Big 4 or regional equivalent) and industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills, Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP under ASC 606
- Strong communication, interpersonal, team building and organizational skills
- Should be a self driver person with an Analytical mindset
- Critical thinker with sound business judgement and a continuous improvement attitude who quickly raises issues and facilitates an environment to solve them
Five reasons people choose to join the Top Hat team:
*Award-winning company and culture. Top Hat has consistently ranked as one of the fastest-growing and best places to work in Canada.
*A single mission that drives every single Top Hatter. We empower educators to engage students and unleash their potential. Our relentless focus on customers is a pretty inspiring idea to wake up to every day.
*A winning long-term strategy and business model. We aim to be the dominant teaching platform in higher education in the world, and our team is making that possible through great content and product solutions that are making a real impact on educators.
*A collaborative team doing really challenging work. What we’ve set out to do is ambitious and hasn’t been done before. Our team works closely together - across departments - to innovate and improve the lives of educators and students.
*Great benefits, rewards, and career opportunities. We offer competitive benefits, an amazing workplace culture, and lots of room for career growth. For those who invest in themselves at Top Hat, the sky’s the limit.
About Top Hat:
Top Hat is the only all-in-one courseware platform that enables active learning—a proven student-centered teaching pedagogy that promotes deep understanding, critical thinking, and subject mastery—with interactive content, tools, and activities. Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat to teach and engage with students before, during, and after class, in both in-person and online education.
Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.