Senior Information Security Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Security Developer to manage the security of our R&D operations and production application. You’ll plan and execute security initiatives directly and in collaboration with other teams. You’ll take ownership of our security practices and the vision going forward, with the support of our exec team down through Engineering leadership.
We take a DevOps approach to delivery and production ownership. This applies to our security strategy as well: as the primary owner of security for the department, you’ll manage your own security projects as well as lead the way the rest of the department manages security for their respective application domains.
This role can be based out of our Toronto office, or fully remote, anywhere in Canada.
- Evolve and expand our existing security activities – threat modeling, risk mitigation, observability, incident response. Manage and execute security projects based on internal and external inputs such as our bug bounty program, pentesting, or other gap analysis.
- Implement security improvements as an individual contributor as well as in collaboration with our teams. Set the standard for how new code being shipped meets our security needs.
- Advocate for security. Build a culture of security ownership rooted in shared values
- Managing security roadmaps from a corporate-wide perspective to meet the needs of various stakeholders including enterprise sales enablement
- Work in a predominantly AWS cloud environment with some Google Cloud Platform services. Our services are built on Django and get continuously deployed.
- You’re familiar with modern security practices and technologies
- You understand security in a cloud provider context (we use primarily AWS with some GCP services as well) and can help move us toward a Zero Trust architecture
- Familiar with managing infrastructure as code with automation tools such as Terraform
- Able to achieve results as an individual contributor as well as through aligning and guiding others
Five reasons people choose to join the Top Hat team:
*Award-winning company and culture. Top Hat has consistently ranked as one of the fastest-growing and best places to work in Canada.
*A single mission that drives every single Top Hatter. We empower educators to engage students and unleash their potential. Our relentless focus on customers is a pretty inspiring idea to wake up to every day.
*A winning long-term strategy and business model. We aim to be the dominant teaching platform in higher education in the world, and our team is making that possible through great content and product solutions that are making a real impact on educators.
*A collaborative team doing really challenging work. What we’ve set out to do is ambitious and hasn’t been done before. Our team works closely together - across departments - to innovate and improve the lives of educators and students.
*Great benefits, rewards, and career opportunities. We offer competitive benefits, an amazing workplace culture, and lots of room for career growth. For those who invest in themselves at Top Hat, the sky’s the limit.
About Top Hat:
Top Hat is the only all-in-one courseware platform that enables active learning—a proven student-centered teaching pedagogy that promotes deep understanding, critical thinking, and subject mastery—with interactive content, tools, and activities. Millions of students at 750 leading North American colleges and universities use Top Hat to teach and engage with students before, during, and after class, in both in-person and online education.
Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.