Senior Software Developer (Billing and Partnerships)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The 1Password.com service powers the 1Password experience across all of our platforms. It allows us to bill customers, automatically sync their data between all their devices, secure sharing with their family or team, full versioned backups of all their items, and so much more.
As a backend developer focused on Billing and Partnerships, you’ll be working on integrations with the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Stripe which allows our customers to subscribe to 1Password from mobile apps and browsers. You’ll also help build strategic infrastructure for partnerships with resellers and businesses to fuel the growth and adoption of 1Password.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- Strong programming skills with languages like Go, Python, C.
- An understanding of web server and RESTful API design.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Redis, and AWS.
- Self-starting, self-driven: You should be comfortable starting your own projects, maintaining them, and doing it all autonomously. You maintain a high level of ownership, attention to detail, and have a knack for organizing processes using all three.
- A passion for crafting experiences that customers love.
- Experience with Stripe, Apple App Store, or Google Play Store are preferred, but not required.
- Experience with billing systems in production environments preferred, but not required.
- Excitement to learn new things as you tackle new features and make existing ones better.
What you can expect:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, familiarize yourself with our development processes, and get your development environment set up.
- Become familiar with the billing system, its major functions, high-level goals, and design.
- Once a week, help our customers directly and help fix small customer-facing issues.
- Take on issues: These will likely be issues where the effort is higher but the solution is already laid out.
- Filing new issues based on observed bugs or opportunities for improvement.
- Review others’ Merge Requests (MRs) in GitLab with a critical eye. Part of this will happen naturally by pairing with other members of the team before code gets to an MR.
- Become the go-to backend developer for the major projects you’ve taken on.
- Take the lead on a large dev cycle task. You will be responsible for determining the direction of the task and ensuring that the expected timeline is either met or adjusted as you learn more about its complexity.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team.
- Provide mentorship for junior and intermediate developers on the billing team.
- Identify areas where we can improve not just our code but our development process and/or tools.
“We're a team of developers who are passionate about creating great software. We work on challenging technical problems with demanding security considerations using the best tools at our disposal, and are constantly pushing ourselves.”– Rick Fillion, VP of Engineering: 1Password.com
When we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our global team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best way to keep you, your family, and business safe online. Go ahead. Forget your passwords.