This job is no longer accepting applications.
Delos is seeking an Associate Counsel to join our talented legal team. The position will be temporarily remote but will be located at our New York City office in the Meatpacking District when the office reopens. We are seeking a generalist mid-level lawyer with a broad range of skills who is able to provide business-friendly legal solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about learning new things and contributing to the growth of the legal department and the company as a whole.
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal and contracting advice directly to internal stakeholders
- Lead attorney for review of marketing collateral and public-facing content to ensure compliance with FTC and other regulatory guidelines as well as the company’s internal standards
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer a variety of commercial contracts, including confidentiality agreements, client agreements, statements of work, license agreements, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, and supplier and other vendor agreements
- Partner with business teams in the preparation of client proposals, identifying and helping mitigate legal and business risks
- Prepare, maintain and update form agreements for all business lines and supervise implementation of contract management system
- Support senior attorneys as needed with a variety of matters, including legal research and special projects
- Help ensure ongoing compliance with state, federal and foreign laws and regulations applicable to the company’s business and operations
- Assist with employee training and education on legal and compliance matters, as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Skillful drafter and issue-spotter with substantive experience and a high level of proficiency preparing, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Proven ability to comfortably and successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills, with ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization (from junior employees to executives) and distill complex legal concepts into practical, concise and plain-English advice
- Team player with a high level of professionalism and commitment to developing strong relationships with colleagues, internal clients, and business teams across the company
- Roll-up-the sleeves attitude willing to tackle the matter at hand, whether unique, complicated or routine
- Self-starter, possessing a high degree of self-motivation, with a demonstrated ability to drive results
- Meticulous, detail-oriented approach to work balanced with good time management and strong organizational skills
- Highly available, dependable and hard worker, with a positive attitude and desire to get things done
- Comfortable working across different time zones and cultures
- J.D. from U.S. accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the bar of at least one state (NY preferred)
- Eligible to practice law in New York State
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in an in-house environment
- Experience working in a high-growth environment (technology start-up or similar) preferred
Compensation: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included for full-time employees.
Applicants are selected based upon their qualifications for this position and without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or partnership status, citizenship or alienage status, veteran status, whether children are, may be or would be residing with a person, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™ and founder of the WELL Building Standard™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. The Delos platform includes research, consulting, merchandising, and programming and licensing innovative solutions for the built environment, creating spaces that nurture and promote human health and wellbeing.
Exploring the intersection between humans and the built environment, Delos creates spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, design, and enterprise. We see the built-environment as an asset to maximize human-potential and envision environments that enhance us. Environments that are proactive, enabling us to live better by cultivating better lifestyle choices and by solving health problems before they are created. We have broadened the scope of environmental sustainability, extending the concept beyond the best of green technology to an integrated solution that addresses human sustainability.
Our mission is to build a better world. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Delos brings together the best innovations in tech, health, design and science to improve human health in the built environment.