Senior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Sensibill - Canada
Hi, We’re Sensibill.
Want to join a team that makes an impact? We know that efficient receipt management is critical to the health of any business. Since 2013, the Sensibill team has been committed to building innovative AI and ML-powered tools that help banks and technology companies turn everyday spend data into actionable insights. Banks use our digital solutions (like receipt capture and management) to provide users with a way to track receipts for returns, exchanges, expenses, accounting, and taxes. Our mission is simple: build better digital banking tools that drive engagement and insights so financial institutions can nurture financially healthy customers.
Our products reach millions of users worldwide, and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Everyone’s voice matters and everyone plays a role in building a thriving, socially responsible technology company.
We take company culture seriously. And ours is like that perfect piece of pie; humble and delivers exactly what you expect. But why #PIE? It's not just one of our favourite food groups - it’s also our company’s acronym that keeps us accountable for how we work. We are a team of people that work to #PlayToWin, all while ensuring Passion, Integrity, and Excellence.
With #PIE, we can focus on high-value outcomes that showcase our best work and solutions to our customers’ challenges. Learn more about #PIE here: https://getsensibill.com/careers
A Day In The Life
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release scalable, resilient and highly available cloud-native applications quickly.
- Maintain the infrastructure that we have, but work towards evolving it into something cleaner, and more scalable.
- Come to the team with an open mindset - be willing to learn from fellow engineers while not being shy about respectfully presenting your own opinions on code/architecture best practices.
- Raise the software engineering bar for our entire organization - if you've got the know-how on what works well, and experience in implementing it, you'll push passionately to set better standards.
- Own code deployment, and aren't shy about taking pride in it. You come up with ways to effectively version and test artifacts in your sleep.
- Manage our environments - you will provision them, you will set up effective monitoring tools and alerts.
- Not be afraid to get your hands dirty troubleshooting issues that come up in Production (or any other environment).
- You don't have to understand every line of code or be an expert in every tool that we use, but you need to be able to capably find the root cause of any issue that crops up, or expertly know who to pull into the conversation to get to the bottom of it.
In order to thrive in this role, you’ll need experience with:
- Configuration management tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet) - we use Chef today
- Cloud offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure) - we’re on AWS
- Orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation, Terraform) - our IaC is built-in CloudFormation
- Monitoring and observability tools (Instana, Grafana)
- Building and supporting high-availability, enterprise-grade, secure software that can withstand external audits (e.g., SOC2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA)
- At least one Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Lean Development, SAFe as well as an issue tracking system (eg: Jira))
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI, AWS Code deploy) - we use Jenkins
- Familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Postgres)
In a perfect world, you have experience in some of:
- Security architecture and tooling
- Cross-platform software
- Microservices Architecture
- REST APIs or GraphQL
- Mobile apps for iOS or Android
- Data pipeline / Extract Transform Load (ETL) (SageMaker)
- Familiarity with creating a centralized monitoring system
- Large-scale SaaS
- Machine Learning
- Knowledge of BI Tools
Are You The Next Sensibillian To Join Our Team?
Ready to join a dedicated team and make a truly positive impact through your work as part of a thriving Toronto startup making waves in the world of fintech? You may just be our next Sensibillian!
Suppose you want to solve unique problems to improve the lives of those we serve and want to contribute your skills, passion, integrity, and commitment to excellence to a growing startup with a rewarding and inclusive culture. In that case, we’d love to hear from you!
Though our headquarters are located in Toronto, Ontario, you will be working remotely in a full-time capacity. Our team here at Sensibill uses a range of virtual collaborative work and communication tools, along with digital training and onboarding resources, so you’ll always feel connected to your teammates and our organization at large!
As a full-time employee at Sensibill, you’ll have access to perks, benefits, and tools + resources like:
- Individual Learning & Development budget
- Coverage of professional membership fees
- Enhanced health and wellness benefits
- Equity and fairness across all team members
- Mental health and wellness support + resources
(Among other benefits and support!)
Diversity And Inclusion
To us, they’re not buzzwords. They’re the lifeforce behind Sensibill.
At Sensibill, the differences that make each of us who we are, the perspectives that help define how we think and work, and our individually unique experiences help us drive innovation, both in and outside of the company. We don’t just value diversity but believe it’s the lifeforce behind our work here at Sensibill. By working alongside teammates with different backgrounds and perspectives, we can create a platform for change and real impact. To do that, we build teams that reflect the very real people we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole and authentic selves to work. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, origin, or disability.
Sensibill provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please contact Sean Araujo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turn everyday spend into long-term financial wellness with actionable, purchase-level data.