Machine Learning Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam. We root for each other’s success and always remember to take time to celebrate, have fun, and Get Loopi!
In the Machine Learning (ML) team at Loopio, ML Engineers and Data Scientists work together on a mission to transform the RFP response process into a rapid and seamless experience. Our team works across all platform portfolio features and delivers innovative solutions where it matters the most for our customers. Some of the initiatives that you will be working on will include automated language detection, intelligent project import, and search improvements based on Natural Language Processing.
We are looking for an experienced ML engineer to build and support the delivery of machine learning-driven features for our platform. Our perfect candidate has deep technical skills and is comfortable working in evolving technology infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team of creative and passionate individuals committed to solving real world problems with modern AI practices.
You will partner closely with Product Managers, Architects and Data Scientists to use Machine Learning techniques to help us take Loopio’s user value to the next level.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with Product Managers, Architects and Data Scientists to design, build, maintain and optimize our data management and machine learning applications
- Develop software to deliver and integrate machine learning product capabilities into our platform through REST services
- Working with data scientists and engineers to deploy machine learning models in production
- Build data processing pipelines supporting data analysis and machine learning tasks, and automate data pipelines in production
- Perform code reviews and testing to ensure software quality is high
- Collaborating with some of the brightest minds in the field and leveraging state of the art technologies in Python, ML/DL/NLP and cloud on a daily basis
What You'll Bring to the Team
- Experience in a high growth agile software development environment
- Experience developing machine learning-driven applications
- Interest and have done work in statistical modeling and machine learning
- A good understanding of ETL, data warehousing, data modeling and data architecting
- The knowledge to work with data scientists and translate proof of concept models into production strength systems
- Development skills in Python, relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases, e.g, Redis or Cassandra, data processing frameworks such as Spark (DataBricks), or Presto (AWS Athena), and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow / Pytorch
- BONUS QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with container orchestration (leveraging tools like Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with MLOps and CI/CD for ML enabled applications
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Experience with AWS, Spark
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote first workplace that operates under a Hub Region Model. We recognize the advantages and flexibility of working remotely and we integrate that into the way we work!
- Right now, Loopio has one central Hub which is our Toronto Hub Region and our teams mostly work regular business hours in the EST time zone.
- Loopers and future-Loopers can live anywhere within a 300km/185 mile radius of Toronto (within Ontario).
- You’ll collaborate with your team largely remotely - we’re all just a Zoom call away! Loopio headquarters is at our beautiful Kensington Market office in downtown Toronto.
- When it’s safe to do so again, you’ll have the option of working where you work best - whether that be majority at home or hot-desking at the office whenever you’d like. When we are able to do so, we will also have the opportunity to make in-person connections at our Toronto office or during organization-wide events such as our Annual Retreat or Loopicon.
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- You'll work with a industry leading CX leaders who will support your career success by providing unparalleled experiences and a constant evolution of the tools and processes you leverage
- Your manager will support your development by providing ongoing feedback, 1-on-1s, career planning and performance reviews
- You will have tons of autonomy and responsibility - this role will give you the opportunity to try new and creative things and push boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- You’ll have a piece of the pie; every Loopio employee participates in our stock option plan!
- You’ll participate in a health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one!
- The career growth opportunities are endless at a successful, high-growth company
- You’ll be a part of Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 list 2020 and the Fast 500 list 2020!
Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider us as a future employer. Please contact a member (Diane or Yeniffer) of our Talent Experience team (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.