Technical Product Manager, Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinsquare's Product & Engineering team is looking to add a highly skilled Technical Product Manager to our Platform Product team.
Product Managers are champions for the customers of their product. They leverage their firm understanding of the company vision, how the product they manage contributes towards that vision, along with a strong grasp of market trends and customer needs, to influence and gain support for product decisions that will achieve the desired business outcomes. Technical PMs focus on products with a customer base who are technical in nature i.e. external integration clients, internal development teams.
The Platform Team is responsible for Coinsquare’s digital currency trading platform, targeted for our institutional and commercial customers, as well as internal lines of business. This team’s mission is to launch and continually evolve our fully-regulated and compliant platform, allowing internal teams and external customers to create value-added digital currency products to their customers.
If you are passionate about your craft then we encourage you to reach out. We value your personal insight and ideas as much as your product management skills. In no particular order, some of the things we look for most in candidates are: a desire to collaborate on complex problems, a willingness and interest in learning from anyone (aka a "growth mindset"), a sense of humbleness, and an appreciation of puns. If you've got what we're looking for, get back to us with some projects that you're proud of!
What you'll be doing :
- Establish a firm understanding of the product offering, its market and customer base
- Collaborate closely with the product team (consisting of product manager, engineers, and relevant SMEs) in both product discovery and delivery activities
- Together with the technical lead, provide joint leadership to the product team through various agile rituals, mentoring and coaching, and delivery management
- Be an advocate for the customer to the product team, the operational stakeholders, and to the company as a whole
- Continuously discover solutions for solving customer problems
- Facilitate the feasibility assessment of discovered solutions from a business, technical, and user experience standpoint
- Expand user experience considerations to include those of the institutional/commercial buyer, the developer/integrator, and the ultimate end user
- Work within an agile framework to iteratively articulate and deliver product features
- Facilitate and guide cross-functional product development discussions, ensuring all members of the team understand the business objectives, regulatory requirements, all the way through to implementation decisions
- Ensure that the product is built in an incremental fashion such that business investments are utilized thoughtfully and feedback loops are in place to continually maximize the usage rates and ROI of platform features
- Foster an open model of code contribution by internal teams while maintaining the integrity of the platform architecture and non-functional characteristics
- Track and analyze appropriate product metrics to evaluate progress against objectives and key results
- Assess operational needs related to the roll-out and ongoing support of the product
- Recommend solutions to fulfill operational requirements
What you'll be doing :
- 3-5 years of experience in product management
- Education in a technical discipline such as computer science and engineering
- Proven ability to launch technical products successfully and in an incremental fashion
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a wide range of functional experts across levels
- Team player mentality with a firm belief that the whole is greater than the sum of its’ parts
- Experience working within an agile environment in a cross-functional setting
- Curiosity to learn new things, discover fascinating insights, and solve interesting problems
- Love of digital products and related business and technology trends
- Team leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Ability to influence without authority
- Bonus: B2B2C and platform product experience
- Bonus: Financial services and capital markets industry experience
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The safest and easiest way to buy and sell crypto.