Principal Security Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Coinsquare’s Principal Security Engineer you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, IT and DevOps / Infrastructure teams to build, maintain and improve the security measures for Canada’s largest and most secure digital currency exchange. In this role you will develop technical strategies to ensure that Coinsquare’s infrastructure and codebase are aligned with our long-term growth plans, with security being the primary focus. You’ll shape and influence processes that encourage a security-first development mindset.
- Leading the technical security strategy for Coinsquare’s engineering teams
- Working closely with IT and infrastructure in implementation of secure practices
- Build, deploy and maintain tools to help with security intrusion detection
- Driving the architecture of Coinsquare to handle data securely and accurately
- Mentor and coach engineers at Coinsquare with a security minded focus
- Investigate and resolve incidents, while continuously improving the process
- A computer science degree or relevant work experience
- 10+ years of professional development experience
- Experience resolving security vulnerabilities in the application layer
- A track record of continuous learning related to modern security development
- Information security experience focused on application security or secure SDLC
- Experience with Python and/or Go and AppSec tooling within a CI/CD environment
- Proven experience with Cloud Infrastructure Security (AWS/GCP)
- Solid understanding of application security concepts and best practices
- Expert in the leading, execution and delivery of information security engagements
- Experience with security governance, compliance and risk management
Nice to have
- CISSP completed or in progress or a similar accreditation
- Experience with kubernetes and containers security best practices
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The safest and easiest way to buy and sell crypto.