This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 120 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
We’re looking for an Event Manager, who is not only detail-oriented and responsive, but delivers experiences that are so relevant and meaningful, they foster a sense of belonging and genuine connection between Ada employees to our mission.
People describe you as a creative genius, innovator, and master project manager. You are obsessed with creating meaningful experiences, have no problem juggling multiple tasks at once, and are comfortable with ambiguity and self direction. You can manage the moving parts of an events calendar with composure, and a high degree of detail. Most importantly, you truly listen to the voice of our employees and factor that into event concepts.
- Minimum 4 years experience with corporate events in a start-up environment.
- Ability to own and execute the end-to-end process for a multi-day offsite event.
- Demonstrates composure and empathy while working with internal and external partners.
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, extremely detail oriented, and a desire for constant improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate events.
- Organizing internal events with a variety of projects ranging in scale from a 10 person meeting to a 300+ person conference.
- Conceptualizing, organizing and executing team socials, holiday parties and off-sites (including virtual events).
- Creating an annual calendar of events, and coordinating communication for events.
- Defining and measuring the success of events.
- Sourcing and managing relationships with vendors for onsite and offsite events.
- Manage bookings and travel for offsite events.
- Budgeting and tracking expenses.
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.