Technical Support Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 120 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be an integral part of our highly technical Support Engineering team to proactively localize, diagnose and problem solve technical issues of our clients while delivering against the team’s SLAs and KPMs.
- You are excited to be a trusted advisor to our customers and internal stakeholders, elevating their voice and providing guidance and recommendations on technical best practices.
- You have the ability to identify, reproduce, and troubleshoot technical challenges in a timely manner.
- You possess an analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting technical issues.
- You manage competing priorities transparently. You have a track record of delivering on projects successfully in a customer-facing role.
- You can explain complex concepts effectively to different audiences, and adjust your communication style accordingly.
- You have experience using Postman.
- You have experience in web development.
- You have experience querying application logs and databases.
- You possess a working knowledge of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Software Development Kits (SDKs), and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Triage, troubleshoot, localize and escalate complex client support issues to the appropriate engineering teams within agreed-upon SLAs.
- Deliver exceptional customer service experience and technical support to our clients.
- Support our non-engineering teams in using, debugging, and understanding our platform.
- Maintain and improve internal product documentation for the client support team.
- Become an Ada product expert and utilize your knowledge to derive structured feature requirements and bug reports from even the most abstract information from our stakeholders.
- Prioritize customer pain points and provide guidance and best practices to optimize their use of Ada’s platform.
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.