Full Stack Developer - Fall Co-op
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 120 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Full-Stack Web Developer co-op, you will join Ada's fast-moving product team in creating complex machine learning tools accessible to non-technical support teams. You can choose to focus your work on Ada's Dashboard & Chat applications, our back-end services, or both.
Experience with these technologies is NOT a requirement.
- Back-end: Python REST API built with Flask and MongoDB
- Operations: Kubernetes running on AWS
- Proven ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Extreme commitment to quality
- Proven ability to give and receive feedback (nobody at Ada is perfect --- we're always improving)
- We would like to get to know you so please share any of your side projects, open source contributions, community involvement, or volunteer work. Include your GitHub account if you would like (this helps us a lot in selecting candidates!). Also, if you have founded a startup or have worked at a startup before, let us know!
- The following skills are not required, but might help you stand out:
- Python or MongoDB
- React components, Redux
- Kubernetes running on AWS
- Fixing defects in our products & services
- Creating new features
- Refactoring and improving existing code
- Communicating with the team
- Spending time getting to know people in other parts of the company
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.