Senior Paid Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Borrowell is a Canadian company dedicated to making financial stability possible for everyone. The first to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future.
With over 1.5 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. Borrowell has won numerous awards, including being named one of the top 100 fintech companies in the world by KPMG, ranking 4th on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ list of fastest-growing companies in Canada, and making App Annie's list of Breakout Finance Apps for 2019.
Borrowell places a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to have a gender-balanced team. Borrowell was named one of the Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada (<100 employees), as well as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Women and Millennials.
About the role:
Borrowell is looking for a Paid Marketing Specialist to play a key role in supporting Borrowell’s growth in 2021 and beyond. Reporting to the Paid Marketing Manager, this role will be responsible for identifying opportunities for healthy user acquisition growth through optimization of existing channels as well as identifying new channels to drive scalable growth. You will also have a key role in brand strategy and development, including helping to create campaigns with targeted messaging and creativity based on customer research. If you have an experimentation mindset, like to use data to achieve scalable growth, and are excited about helping Canadians make good financial decisions, this is the role for you.
- Manage and optimize performance of paid marketing campaigns including search (Google, Bing), social media (Facebook), mobile app (Apple and Android) and more. Design experiments and eagerly A/B test new audiences, strategies, and creatives on these core platforms.
- Test new paid channel platforms, such as Pinterest, Kijiji, Amazon, other DSPs (Verizon, StackAdapt)
- Monitor and forecast budget and CPA on a regular basis
- Analyze campaign data and results to report and communicate to management or other teams
- Proactively identify trends that could impact campaign performance
- Manage positive relationships with paid channel vendors
- Work well cross-functionally with Data/Revenue teams to stay up to date on customer engagement and the Design team to brainstorm concepts for new content.
- Think beyond user acquisition and use down funnel metrics to get a sense of LTV:CAC and ROAS by channel, campaign and for varying cohorts.
- Keep on top of new industry developments and best practices and share with the greater Marketing team
- 2+ yrs experience in paid marketing, with a strong focus on paid search
- Technical and analytical mindset, you easily use data analysis using Google Analytics, Excel Pivot Tables and charts
- Experience in forecasting budget and results
- Up to date with trends in paid marketing
- Work well cross-functionally and within a team
Nice to Haves:
- Experience writing ad copy and creating brand messaging
- Strong presentation skills
- Adaptable and proactive
- Experience with Looker, Tableau and SQL
- Experience working with scalable acquisition-focused paid campaigns
- Experience with Google Tag Manager
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact at a growing company that is helping make financial stability possible for everybody
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, pet care etc.
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
We will be remote-first for all of 2021. After 2021 we may adopt a flexible hybrid working schedule, with some days being in-office and some days working from home
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.