Full Stack Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Borrowell is a Canadian company dedicated to making financial stability possible for everyone. The first to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future.
With over 1.5 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. Borrowell has won numerous awards, including being named one of the top 100 fintech companies in the world by KPMG, ranking 4th on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ list of fastest-growing companies in Canada, and making App Annie's list of Breakout Finance Apps for 2019.
Borrowell places a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to have a gender-balanced team. Borrowell was named one of the Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada (<100 employees), as well as one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, Women and Millennials.
About the Role:
As a Full Stack Developer on Borrowell’s Engineering team, you will design, develop, optimize, test and maintain application code for existing in-house web and mobile products. You will ensure that software meets both the technical and business requirements that guided its design.
In this role, you will get a voice in the technical vision of the product and you will see how your hard work directly impacts the lives of more than 1.5 million people using the Borrowell marketplace.
- Working experience building scalable web applications on the cloud, preferably using microservices. Our back end is .NET on Azure, but we are open to all technical backgrounds
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases. We use SQL Server with Entity Framework or Dapper and CosmosDB with Entity Framework or native sdk integration
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Azure
- Ability to write maintainable automated tests
- You enjoy applying your technical skills to solve business problems
- You strive for excellence in everything you develop: customer experience, process and product quality and reliability
- You have clear communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a positive team player looking to actively engage in knowledge sharing and learning
- You show attention to detail
- You’re excited by the possibility of pushing technology to find new ways of delivering financial services
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact at a growing company that is helping make financial stability possible for everybody
- Comprehensive Health Benefits - medical, dental, vision, and paramedical health benefits for you and your family
- Additional Health Benefits - virtual benefit offering that allows you to connect with nurses, doctors and mental health professionals
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-up - available to new parents
- Wellness & Transit Benefit - $600 annually to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Employee Development Benefit - reimbursements on payments to help your learning
- Givewell Benefit - 1 paid volunteer day a year to give back to the community
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
We will be remote-first for all of 2021. In 2022, we may adopt a flexible remote schedule, with opportunity to come into the office if you wish.
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re looking for candidates who have experience, but know that not everyone’s had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What’s most important is that you have a growth mindset and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.