SiteOps Global Data Center ERAD Compliance Manager
Meta is seeking a strategic technical leader to collaborate and guide ERAD Operations functions across our global fleet of data centers. ERAD functions include safe and secure handling and destruction of storage media that may contain sensitive information. The ERAD lead will work closely with the Production Operations (ProdOps) team at each of the data centers and the Global Prod Ops engineers. The ProdOps team plays a key role at each of our data centers, assuring high reliability and availability of the server infrastructure required to meet the needs of more than 2 billion people actively engaged with Meta and our suite of applications. We partner closely with vendors and others at Meta, including infrastructure tooling & software development teams, product engineers, hardware design & manufacture, quality & data analytics, project management, and production & operations incident management.
The ERAD Operations Lead will assure a strong, scalable data handling process within our data centers for our ERAD functions, such as operationalizing large scale decoms, ensuring ERAD compliance activities and developing and maintaining ERAD Training. We seek a strong people leader and subject expert who can continue to drive innovation in this space, spanning people, processes, infrastructure, tooling, automation, cost and quality. The successful candidate is someone who can quickly understand and respond to the technical needs of subject matter experts, local Site leadership, and our cross functional teams in a rapidly evolving technical environment. Moreover, the candidate will gain alignment across these globally distributed teams and partner organizations, driving initiatives that deliver the most impact by prioritizing resources and focus areas. This role will manage a small team of engineers focused on process improvement of core compliance functions within the global data center fleets.
SiteOps Global Data Center ERAD Compliance Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for data security, assuring responsible management of storage media across the global fleet of data centers and network devices and assuring the Operations team meets or exceeds all operational targets Build trusted relationships within the team, to understand the biggest challenges and opportunities, and to advocate effectively for the right initiatives
- Drive a singular operations strategy, goals, and priorities for the global ERAD Operations function within Site Operations
- Develop scaling strategies and plans, be forward thinking by understanding infrastructure growth, identifying scaling issues before they occur, and contributing to solutions
- Ensure robust, timely communications across a globally distributed team, and provide the team great visibility to progress and strategy
- With partner organizations, collaboratively drive a roadmap that scales Site Operations, delivering high impact advances in tooling, hardware, and workflow
- Measure and benchmark the effectiveness of operational processes both internally and externally, setting performance targets and driving improvements as needed
- Develop close partnerships with Program Management, Tooling, Hardware Design, Data Analytics and other teams to deliver superb operational results and manage the performance of external vendors
- Effective at rallying the team around plans and decisions and is able to adjust based on feedback
- 30% - 40% travel required
- Experience influencing effectively, working with cross-functional teams to advance the needs of the team and adapting as needs change
- BS, BA or BEng in technical field or commensurate experience
- Working knowledge of IT/Operations Infrastructure
- Proven experience as Engineering or Operations leader, or relevant Senior Technical, Operations or Engineering Lead role
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Prioritization skills and proven experience leading tooling, systems, automation and process
- Interpersonal, partnership and communications skills
- Experience leading teams or initiatives focused around data acquisition, security or eradication of storage media
- Familiarity with privacy and security standards (e.g. NIST) or relevant certifications (e.g. CISSP)
- Advanced degree.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Your application has been successfully submitted.