Governance Manager, Marketing
Meta is looking for a Manager to join our Governance Team. The team's mission is to partner with teams across Meta to design, build, and manage new decision-making mechanisms and institutions that give people greater power over Meta products. We are the team that built the Oversight Board to govern Facebook’s approach to content moderation and we are pioneering new solutions to an array of important challenges.
The ideal candidate will be a communicator, and strategic thinker; strong news judgment; exceptional composition, editing, and visual storytelling abilities; and a knack for translating technical concepts for a variety of audiences.
Governance Manager, Marketing Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee strategy that guides execution across multiple functions
- Create strategy that has company-wide impact
- Prioritize investments and resources to move the strategy forward
- Lead efforts to engage key stakeholders in discussions around strategic initiatives and high priority projects
- ensures shared accountabilities (goals, resources, etc.)
- Partner with our partners in Product, Operations, Legal, Communications, Marketing, Policy, and Research to enable project delivery and establish internal processes and procedures
- Define relevant metrics, and report on trends relative to goals
- Build a long-term strategic vision and goals that connect to the Governance team portfolio
- Communicate as the internal face of key Governance capabilities
- Periodic travel may be required
- 8+ years of experience in government, the law, technology or policy
- Advanced degree, such as a MBA or JD
- Experience creating and presenting complex materials, with reference to graphics where appropriate tailoring the style and content to meet the needs and expectations of individual audiences/readers, while maintaining a consistent tone and brand
- At least 4 years' experience editing at a senior level for a news-led publication or outlet with a frequent publication cadence (i.e. at least weekly)
- Experience working under pressure to meet short deadlines
- Experience in a client-service or consultative role which might include management consulting, creative services, entrepreneurship, design, project management or operations
- Experience working across several workstreams at once, and to flex to new tasks
- Proven excellence in business risk evaluation, scenario planning, forecasting, or in-market experimentation/piloting
- Experience in collaboration between legal, policy or political science and technology
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $185,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Your application has been successfully submitted.