ADAS R&D Software Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
At Qualcomm, we are transforming the automotive industry with our Snapdargon Digital Chassis and building the next generation software defined vehicle (SDV). Snapdragon Ride is an integral pillar of our Snapdragon Digital Chassis, and since its launch it has gained momentum with a growing number of global automakers and Tier1 suppliers. Snapdragon Ride aims to address the complexity of autonomous driving and ADAS by leveraging its high-performance, power-efficient SoC, industry-leading artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and pioneering vision and drive policy stack to deliver a comprehensive, cost and energy efficient systems solution.
Enabling safe, comfortable, and affordable autonomous driving includes solving some of the most demanding and challenging technological problems. From centimeter-level localization to multimodal sensor perception, sensor fusion, behavior prediction, maneuver planning, and trajectory planning and control, each one of these functions introduces its own unique challenges to solve, verify, test, and deploy on the road.
We are looking for smart, innovative and motivated individuals to join the Qualcomm Automated Driving team, and work on designing and prototyping the brain of next generation autonomous vehicles. You will have the opportunity to work with a group of top talents in Autonomous Driving, especially in areas of Localization and Maps. You will be responsible for design, development and optimization of localization, mapping and positioning SW on embedded platform.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Engineering, Electrical or Computer Science
- 5+ years of SW design and development
- 3+ years of C++ development, C++11 and C++14
- Embedded SW design and development
- Programming languages: C++, Python3, Shell
- Development tools: Git, Gitlab/Github, Docker
- Good understanding of signal processing/machine learning and linear algebra concepts
- Experience in Positioning, Localization, Mapping, Perception or Planning in ADAS/Autonomy
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Experience in developing computer vision software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work across functional teams
- ROS/ROS2 familiarity
- Familiarity with automotive SW development processes
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop state-of-the-art software algorithms for Positioning, Localization and Mapping
- Bring the developed solutions onto the chipsets and closely work with system and test engineers on testing/tuning in the vehicles
- Debug and resolve functional, stability and performance issues
- Work across functional and external teams on integrating technologies in the full vehicle stack
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.