Automotive Embedded Software Engineer - Camera/Display (Multiple Levels)
Qualcomm Canada ULCJob Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
Qualcomm has pioneered connected car technologies for over a decade and continues play a central role in the evolution of automotive infotainment, autonomous driving & its supporting technologies in 4G/5G, ADAS, Deep Learning etc., across the globe. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ automotive platforms, specifically designed to meet stringent automotive industry standards, is empowering automakers everywhere with scalable solutions that are more connected, smart and aware.
Imagine what you can contribute to the automotive industry with camera and display technology.
Join us an Embedded Software Engineer as you design and architect camera and image processing software in Qualcomm’s automotive Snapdragon camera processors.
- Develop next generation imaging features used in ADAS and automotive functional safety.
- Get exposed to industrial best practices working with high profile automotive manufacturers.
- Develop knowledge and competency across a variety of HLOS frameworks that powers tomorrow’s vehicles.
- Work with a team of talented people defining the future use cases to empower the next generation of autonomous vehicles.
- Design and implement new automotive camera related features following defined Automotive SW Safety Standards
- Participate in design meetings discussing customer requirements and formulate feature design documents
- Participate in test development and test automation to increase test coverage benchmarks
- Debug real time issues reported by automotive manufacturers in an actual vehicle test drive
- Work with research and development group to integrate and commercialize innovative applications
- Fast prototyping for feasibility study on next generation of use case scenarios
- Develop compelling demo use cases for tradeshows and conferences
- Propose innovative suggestions for optimizations and enriching enhancements for upcoming HW generations
- 2+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language with C and/or C++
- Real time OS experience such QNX or GreenHills
- Knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Display (Pixel processing/composition, MIPI DSI, HDMI, DisplayPort, etc.), Bus/interconnect (AHB, AXI), CPU (ARM v8/v7, Cache, MMU, security, etc.), HDCP, compression, color adjustment
- Android framework and/or Automotive Grade Linux
- Knowledge / experience with safety critical software development process (Functional Safety), including ASPICE, ASIL, ISO26262, MisraC
- Familiarity with static analysis tools, code coverage metrics, unit test generation
- Working experience with ADAS use cases
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Applicants: If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.