Director, Chipset Product Management for IoT
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Operations Group, Operations Group > Product ManagementGeneral Summary:
Directs a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life. Functions as a central resource with design, process, manufacturing, quality, test, marketing, and distribution as the product(s) and/or product line(s) move through their lifecycle. Formulates and executes long-term roadmaps for cost/profit control. Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends. Directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades, and maintenance of the product or product line.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Identifying gaps in market based on complex analyses of market, customer, technology, and other ecosystem demands and provides this information to guide design conversations.
- Working independently with little supervision
- Making decisions that are significant in impact; errors are not readily apparent due to the complexity of work process/product or time between decisions and results; errors typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds to correct.
- Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
- Directing and oversees the development of highly complex products or new products areas and services, independently; maintains communication with individuals across functional teams.
- Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
- Exercising exceptional creativity to innovate new ideas and develop innovative products/processes without established objectives or known parameters.
- Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required
- Working closely with Sales team to identify and support new business opportunities
- Occasionally participating in binning definition and strategy
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Information Technology or similar disciplines
8+ years of telecommunication or similar product experience in power systems and technologyPreferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with wafer fabrication process, manufacturing, yield optimization and improvement
- Work experience in SW and/or HW development, and/or testing of modem technology and cellular products.
- Working knowledge of internals of various Android and Linux based operating systems.
- 10+ years Product Management or related work experience.
- 2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials.
- 2+ years negotiating 3rd party business agreements.
- 3+ years working in a large matrixed organization.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.