SW - Platform Management Firmware Developer - Power Management IC Firmware (Remote)
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
As a Platform Power Management IC FW Developer, you are responsible for working with a team on the enablement of the power delivery solution for a future server-class platform. You will collaborate internally to help define and implement embedded firmware to manage the power delivery for the platform. You will also participate in various other aspects of management firmware, including platform and power management, boot, RAS, security and runtime services provided to application processors.
In this role you will be responsible for designing and implementing ROM and updatable FW for the Power Management IC (PMIC). You will be working closely both, with the hardware power management and firmware development teams. You will have an opportunity to engage with third parties on enablement of new platforms, as well as providing input to our SoC and platform architects on future designs.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
- BS/BEng in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (or equivalent professional experience) with 5 years experience in embedded firmware development
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings technical leadership
- Proficient writing and debugging C and assembly
- Driver development experience in RTOS or OS Kernel environments
- Demonstrated experience with open source development, especially for embedded OSes such as Zephyr, eCos, uC/OS or FreeRTOS
- Experience developing for pre-silicon environments including simulators and FPGA emulation
- Experience defining interprocessor communication interfaces between embedded controllers and the platform
- Familiarity with RISC-V architecture. Development experience for a RISC-V platform is a plus.
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.