Senior Software Engineer - Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
- Be part of a team of strong technology developers building mobile Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality technology
- Enable key partners build and deploy world class XR solutions
- Design and deliver key technologies and tools to make XR experiences performant and power optimized
- Collaborate across functional boundaries in defining architecture, APIs, design and schedule
- All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Minimum qualifications: 3-8 years Software Engineering or related work experience
- Preferred qualifications: 3+ years’ experience with programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc. Knowledge and inclination towards practical use of Machine Learning techniques.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
• 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Database Management Software.
• 2+ years of experience with API.
• 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• 1+ year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
• Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
• Quickly resolves complex software issues and bugs.
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Seeks others' opinions and shares own opinions with others about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
• Participates in technical conversations with tech leads/managers.
• Anticipates and communicates issues with project team to maintain open communication.
• Makes decisions based on incomplete or changing specifications and obtains adequate resources needed to complete assigned tasks.
• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with minimal supervision.
• Resolves straightforward technical issues and escalates more complex technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
• Writes readable code for large features or significant bug fixes to support collaboration with other engineers.
• Determines which work tasks are most important for self and junior engineers, stays focused, and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Unit tests own code to verify the stability and functionality of a feature.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working under some supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
• May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.