SAP iXp Intern - Partner Technology, Software Developer Job
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The Partner Technology team is looking for energetic and innovative Full Stack Developer Intern to help with our next generation of web, cloud-based, applications. We are looking for someone who is creative and resourceful in getting things to work, with an eye for quality and testability and interested in working collaboratively with other software developers and teams. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud and Enterprise Development? Join our diverse team and help us build better tools to manage SAP’s vast partner ecosystem!
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Partner Technology, Software Developer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected start date to end date: January 4, 2021 – September 3, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
• Quick and keen on to learn how SAP applications work
• Develop application features and enhancements with a strong focus on Quality Assurance, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
• Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
• Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
• Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
• Detail oriented and able to solve problems
• Able to test and debug applications and solutions
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Have an understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
• Strong programming skills and experience with object-oriented languages such as Java
• Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
• Clear and concise communication, both verbal and written
• Familiarity with development tools such as Git and JIRA is a major asset
• Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
• Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or have recently completed an undergraduate program which is applicable to the position.
• Please include your transcript in your application.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Developer, Intern, SAP, ERP, Web Design, Technology, Entry Level, Creative
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Help the world run better and improve people’s lives.