Machine Learning Software Developer – Senior Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Machine Learning EngineeringGeneral Summary:
You will join the CR&D team onboarding machine learning models and developing the advanced ML features for Qualcomm’s Cloud AI100 inference accelerator. You will be joining a fast paced, collaborative, and global work environment driving full stack software development for the Cloud AI100 SDK. Participate in optimization and tuning of cutting-edge neural networks to enable customer solutions. The successful applicant will have a background in machine learning, system performance and accuracy, and a passion to design and develop industry leading solutions. Direct customer interaction may also be required.
Ideal candidates for this position will demonstrate the following:
- Degree in Machine Learning/AI, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative discipline
- 2 years hands-on experience with machine learning using PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe/Caffe2, or similar deep learning frameworks.
- 2 years hands-on experience with programming in Python, C++ or similar.
- Understanding of linear algebra fundamentals and machine learning operations used by ONNX, TF, PyTorch, etc…
- Strong theoretical understanding of model architectures of various object classification, object detection models, recommender systems, NLP, Text and voice processing models, 3D models
- Experience in tuning neural networks to meet performance and accuracy targets. Familiarity with industry standard models and datasets.
- Experience with network architecture search (NAS) and/or TVM autotuning a plus.
- Strong background in linear algebra and core ML fundamentals
- Strong understanding in traditional Machine learning methods such as Linear & Logistic regression, SVM, Kernel methods, Decision trees, Bagging and Boasting techniques, etc. is desirable
- Understanding of performance and accuracy metrics for different class of neural networks
- Excellent analytical, development, and debugging skills
- Forward looking interest, analyze upcoming trends in neural NWs and data science techniques
- Experience with Source Code and Configuration management tools such as git, gerritt a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and team player with can do attitude
- Passion for machine learning
Desirable Skills and Aptitudes
- Understanding of quantization, pruning, and compression concepts in machine learning a plus.
- Background of HW architectures including GPUs and AI accelerators, a plus
- Familiarity with training and deployment of ML networks in production systems a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 1+ years of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs.; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.