Software Engineer, Android
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
Instructions on how to apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.Software Engineer, Android Responsibilities
- Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for user interfaces, infrastructure, and/or tools supporting applications on Android using the Android SDK
- Lead complex technical or product efforts to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- Work closely with product and design teams to build new and innovative application experiences for Android
- Work on problems of diverse scope and implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Receiving little instruction on day-to-day work, build reusable Android software components for interfacing with back-end platforms
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Telecommute from anywhere in the U.S. permitted (remote work benefit)
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Software, Computer Engineering, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, or related field, followed by five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in the job offered or in a computer-related occupation. Requires two years of experience in the following:
- Object-oriented software development
- Building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Leading complex technical projects
- AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Android internals or frameworks services
- Coding in Java
- Building maintainable and testable codes bases including API design and unit testing techniques
- Multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Software development tools: Code editors (VIM or Emacs), and revision control systems (Subversion, GIT, or Perforce)
- Linux, UNIX, or other *nix-like OS including file manipulation and simple commands
- Building highly-scalable performant solutions
- Design scalable distributed systems with established partition tolerance, consistency, and availability guarantees
- Data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, operating systems, computer graphics, or human-computer interaction
- Applying algorithms and core computer science concepts to real world systems as evidenced by recognizing and matching patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.