Software Engineer - OS Frameworks
Meta Reality Labs' mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live.
Meta Reality Labs hardware, including Oculus, enables people to defy distance—connecting with each other and the world—through world-class VR hardware and software. The VR - Quest for Business team is part of the Reality Labs organization at Meta, responsible for enabling AR/VR devices for Work. You can get a glimpse of some of our work here.
We're looking for candidates who are passionate about software development and the Android Platform, with solid experience in the Framework layer of the Operating Systems such as AOSP Frameworks, macOS Darwin, Windows OS libraries and system services etc. (not just application layer). We are also looking for experience building core components and dealing with Identity, Security and Privacy. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, creative and doesn’t mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment.Software Engineer - OS Frameworks Responsibilities
- Lead and set direction in how Meta Reality Labs develops its future capabilities to deliver best in class experiences to enable VR/AR devices for work.
- Build tools, system architecture, prototypes, frameworks and infrastructure for Device management (MDM), Single Sign On (SSO), App distribution, Licensing and management etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of partners, product managers and engineers in areas like Meta's Work platform, Identity, OS components to help build an end-to-end solution.
- Uplift coding and design skills on the team through reviews and introduction of best practices. Model behaviors through clean readable code, upfront debug-ability and testability when implementing complex components.
- Build tooling to detect and investigate customer issues promptly. Work with support and other engineering teams to resolve customer issues.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the team.
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance and stability issues across the stack.
- Build on OS internals. Set technical direction for significant improvements.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to understand requirements, specify interfaces for new software frameworks, and enhance existing frameworks.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar field
- 5+ years of Software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing any of the following: Desktop applications, Operating Systems, AOSP, Identity, Device management on iOS/Android, Device Security, Android Enterprise
- 1+ years of experience developing software for Mobile platforms (Android/iOS)
- Experience with Android, macOS, or Windows internals or frameworks services
- 3+ years experience with any of the following: Android internals, AOSP, Android SDK, Android NDK, Android JNI, Android IPC mechanisms, Linux OS development.
- 2+ years experience delivering software for Work/Enterprises.
- 1+ years of experience with developing and shipping Identity, device management ( MDM ) features on Android/iOS.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $213,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Your application has been successfully submitted.