Director of Engineering, Verticals
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated more than 120 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, TELUS, Upwork, and Zoom – and we’re just getting started.
You can learn more about the founding of our company here . Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us .
As the Director of Engineering focused on verticals you will have an immense impact on Ada as we continue to grow our company and our technology. You will be integral in building a scalable, efficient, and robust foundation for all of Ada’s products and services. Your work will change the lives of millions of end users.
- Have led engineering teams and worked closely with Product and design at scale
- Embrace the opportunity to grow and mentor others as part of your management philosophy
- Strong motivation and evidence of your ability to do your best with balancing the demands of people, process and product.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Nice to have
- Have experience building and scaling teams in a high growth startup situation. Specifically growing a team from 10 to 50+
- Experience with the demands of working with large enterprise customers
- Comfortable with cloud native architectures and modern engineering best practices
- Onboard and assume accountability for our Verticals group that powers our Engage and Customer success products as well as our customer facing analytics team.
- Develop a vision and strategy for how to grow and scale engineering’s ability to address Enterprise concerns as well as new markets effectively.
- Integrate with the rest of the Engineering team and start leading cross engineering initiatives aligned with our Engineering strategy.
- Collaborate with the other Engineering Directors to develop and implement a strategy for growing and scaling your group and for developing leadership within.
- Successfully scale your organization and our processes as an engineering leader
- Support the creation of products that support millions of customers in new and existing market verticals
The team is growing aggressively. You will need to hire, on-board and grow your team rapidly after you join.
The Current Size Of This Team Is
12 Software Engineers
The planned size of the team at the end of Q2 is:
18 Software Engineers
This role reports to the SVP, Operations on an interim basis until a VP, Engineering has been hired (expected summer 2021).
This role will work closely with the Interim Head of Engineering, Director of Engineering, Directors of Product Management and Corporate Information Security Officer (to be hired).
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration and generally, the way we work for the digital world instead of in-person. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company. Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.