Sr Designer, Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It’s exciting times at Coinsquare! We have big plans for 2021 and we’re looking for a senior designer to join our growing team to help make those plans a reality. This is a key role, operating at the intersection of design and marketing. In this role, you’ll help Coinsquare evolve our brand, grow our business, and set a new standard in how Coinsquare shows up in the market.
What you’ll be doing :
- Manage all creative activities and deliverables in the marketing space, from concept to execution
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to deliver on marketing objectives through beautiful and impactful creative in various channels (web, email, social, media buys, ads)
- Champion Coinsquare’s brand identity, including its sub-brands and branded products.
- Partner with the greater Design team to ensure brand and visual identity consistency across all customer touchpoints.
- Build and maintain our style guide, define brand identity guidelines, and maintain brand assets.
- Democratize design and enable team members to deliver on-brand campaigns or communications without the design team’s direct involvement
- Support the company’s growing design needs in areas outside of the marketing space such as corporate branding, employer branding, and other customer touchpoints.
- Conduct research and use data to inform your design when and where appropriate.
- Define and continuously improve the creative workflow to maximize collaboration between the Design and Marketing teams.
What you’ll bring :
- You know how to apply your immense creativity in a business context, sometimes within very tight constraints.
- You can see the “forest” through the pixels, comfortably zooming out to the strategic level and back into pixel land at a moment’s notice.
- You strive for the highest quality in your work, using sound judgement on where to invest your energy based on priorities.
- You see feedback on your designs as an opportunity to improve rather than a hit to your ego.
- You’re a seasoned designer that enjoys end-to-end ownership. Getting your hands dirty in design production isn’t below you.
- You have deep experience in building brands and your portfolio demonstrates exemplary skills in brand identity and marketing communications.
- Fluidity and lack of structure don’t scare you. You have managed through ambiguity and constant change before.
- You’re a true collaborator, eager to grow and learn from a team with diverse skills and experiences.
- The digital currency space excites you and you believe its future is bright.
Skills for success :
- 5+ years in a Graphic Design, Visual Design, Art Director or other visual creative design role with a focus on digital
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Visual Communication or related field
- Fluency and experience in brand marketing and brand identity
- Nice to have design skills: sketching, illustration, storyboarding, motion design, animation, UX/UI design
- High technical/digital acumen
- Bonus if you have previous experience in financial services, particularly within trading and investing.
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
Coinsquare for Android | iOS | Web
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The safest and easiest way to buy and sell crypto.