This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our mission is to connect the world’s photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website and mobile apps to find, share, and get rewarded for the world’s most inspiring photography.
As 500px’s Brand Designer, you will be primarily responsible for creating promotional assets for products that help millions of photographers around the world. Reporting to the Marketing Director and working very closely with the design team, you will work to expand and strengthen the 500px brand in all forms of media. You will create everything from landing pages to print campaigns, to stickers and swag. The work you create will reach our large global audience of photographers who adore great design and aesthetics.
We take pride in the product we ship and love what we do. By joining 500px you will see the immediate impact of your work and contribute to inspiring the world with photography.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the design on digital assets such as landing pages, banners, social media assets, and emails from concept through final delivery
- Create print assets such as magazine ads, posters, booklets, and other goods
- Help evolve the visual identity for the 500px brand to effectively communicate our vision and mission
- Work with the Sr. Brand Manager and Marketing Director to define and deliver pages, product launch assets, and product communications
- Collaborate with other designers and marketing team members on a daily basis to keep a consistent style and experience
- Brainstorm new campaign ideas with the Sr. Brand Manager that are unique to our company and brand
- Facilitate requests from multiple teams and provide visibility to all stakeholders on the progress, status, and any potential risks within any projects
- Utilize user insights, qualitative data, and research findings to create engaging and high performing creative
What the ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong visual design skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A collaborative mindset and an ownership mentality
- Basic knowledge of html/css
- Background in both digital and print design
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and clearly articulate decisions and direction
- Ability to work within constraints and find creative ways to solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for photography
- The ability to create icon illustrations that fit our existing style
Bonus points for:
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Experience with the photography industry
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Great health and dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a challenge, and then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, and we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.