Senior Product Manager, Financial Data
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We're looking for an experienced, data-focused Senior Product Manager to lead the platform team that powers all of the financial data behind Wealthsimple's products.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the Financial Data team
Our team provides the ‘source of truth’ for all financial data across Wealthsimple products. We design and operate the platform that tracks all raw financial activity, and then processes and translates this data into a comprehensive and understandable summary for our clients.
As Wealthsimple expands its product offering, our team is constantly thinking about how we scale our systems and ensure financial data is always accurate, available in near real-time, and communicated to clients in a way they actually understand. Come join us as we power financial data at Wealthsimple!
In this role, you will:
- Treat data like a product, rather than an input. You will oversee the full lifecycle of how financial data is created, consumed, and displayed to our clients.
- Set the platform vision and strategy. You will partner with front-end product teams to understand the new features they are building, and then determine how to evolve our back-end systems to meet these needs.
- Guide and support a team of engineers to help them achieve the right balance between enabling growth and ensuring a stable and accurate experience for our clients.
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of projects to related to our client’s financial data, for example:
- a) Building a system that leverages client's financial data to evaluate their trustworthiness
- b) Enabling the display of real-time data in our dashboards by shifting from daily transaction batch processing to instant processing
- c) Extending our financial data platform to handle multiple currencies
- Break down complex, behind-the-scenes projects into discrete phases that deliver value to clients and the business incrementally.
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Customer Support, Portfolio Management, Finance, Operations) to ensure that the data we show is easily understood by clients.
- Establish and own a variety of metrics related to performance and uptime (e.g., data accuracy, data consistency, etc.).
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping products that customers love. You’ve owned a complete product/platform or large parts of an offering and are comfortable leading large, complex, cross-functional projects.
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact a platform, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Bonus: You’ve helped set up and scale data platforms, and are passionate about the topic.
And someone who is:
- A systems thinker that can distill many use-cases into a simple, elegant, generic solution or platform.
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex or technical ideas succinctly and clearly.
- A naturally collaborative and empathetic leader comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders, making sure every voice is heard.
- Curious and inquisitive. You ask “why?” a lot. Like, a lot. A lot a lot.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.