Product Manager, Trading & Securities
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, data-focused Product Manager to join the Trading & Securities team, focused on scaling our systems to support rapid growth while delivering industry-leading experiences for our clients.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the Trading & Securities Team
Our team builds the trading platform underlying Wealthsimple’s financial products. We design and operate the systems that provide the information clients need to make their investment decisions, and we make sure their instructions are actioned in the market.
As Wealthsimple’s client base grows, our team is focused on scaling our trading platform. It’s our job to ensure new and existing clients are offered a consistently exceptional experience, meaning the platform has to remain reliable and efficient as we grow. Join a team that’s continuously developing industry-leading technology in the Canadian fintech sector!
In this role, you will:
- Establish and track metrics that analyze the performance of our trading systems, and use this data to inform your product strategy.
- Collaborate across other teams and disciplines (e.g. Product teams, Operations, and Compliance) to build a roadmap that enables product growth while reducing inefficiencies.
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of new projects, for example:
- a) Streamlining our automated portfolio rebalancing logic to ensure clients trade as efficiently as possible while maintaining their assigned portfolio type.
- b) Working cross-functionally with licensed Traders and Engineering to build order management rules that help improve the speed of execution, allowing clients to send receive filled orders faster.
- c) Building redundancy into our security pricing systems to ensure quotes are always available during trading hours.
- Prioritize, build, and execute project plans. You break complex solutions into discrete phases that deliver value incrementally.
- Work as part of a fast-paced team that delivers leading edge digital investing solutions. You don’t accept the status quo — you use creativity and ingenuity to challenge & disrupt it.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A track record of building and shipping products that customers love, and internal tools that help teams do their best work.
- Strong analytical skills (experience with SQL & Excel), and the ability to derive insights from large datasets.
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it —so let's ship it, learn, and iterate
- Technical product or project management experience, and prior experience working alongside technical teams. You have enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture considerations which may impact the platform.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Bonus: prior experience working with securities trading systems and technologies (e.g., order management systems, trading cost analysis, etc.)
And someone who is:
- A leader by example; you approach work with a no-ego attitude and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeve.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows and systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex or technical ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of scaling a business, but excited to tackle them
- Honest, values integrity, and doesn't cut corners. You do what's right, not what is expedient or easy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.