Lead Product Manager, Client Onboarding
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, customer-focused Product Lead help make onboarding new clients seamless and scalable as possible.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
More about the Client Onboarding team
We build the product experiences and platform that guide clients through their Wealthsimple onboarding journey — from when they first download our apps — to the moment they start investing, trading, or spending. To accomplish this, we’ve combined proprietary technology, leading third-party platforms, and a world-class user-experience to create onboarding that is fast, seamless, and delightful. Come join us and play an important leadership role in building the user-experience and platform that powers all Wealthsimple products as we onboard millions of new clients!
In this role, you will:
- Help set the product vision and strategy, and define and own the roadmap for how we onboard clients into our ecosystem.
- Manage at least one other Product Manager while also owning and delivering a part of the roadmap directly.
- Support a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists.
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of projects to streamline client onboarding; for example:
- a) Develop a unified client onboarding platform that can be leveraged by our growing list of products (Cash, Invest, Trade, etc.)
- b) Add, optimize, and experiment with different ways of collecting and verifying customer data (e.g., take a selfie, connect your bank account, etc.)
- c) Build the “connective tissue” between Wealthsimple products to enable clients to adopt their second or third Wealthsimple product in seconds
- d) Build tooling and automation to increase the efficiency of Customer Support and Operations teams that assist client onboarding
- Build a deep understanding of our onboarding experiences, systems, processes, and partners — and how they all fit together. Be opinionated about how we take these further to make them globally best-in-class.
- Work closely with product design to create simple, smart, and inspiring user-experiences that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Establish and own a variety of metrics related to customer onboarding (e.g., rate of success for first-time funding, identify verification, bank linking, etc.).
- Evaluate third-party technology vendors and develop business cases for how we can continue to boost our client onboarding rates — trading off between efficacy, user experience, and cost.
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Operations, Legal and Compliance, Customer Support, and more) to build compliant, efficient, and industry-leading client onboarding experiences.
- As a seasoned PM, help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping products that customers love, and experience across both customer-facing and platform product management. You’ve owned a complete product/platform or large parts of an offering and are comfortable leading large, complex, cross-functional projects.
- Experience mentoring and coaching other PMs, and a passion for the craft. Bonus: You’ve managed PMs before.
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
And someone who is:
- A systems thinker that can distill many use-cases into a simple, elegant, generic solution or platform.
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and skilled at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model and business case development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Negotiation with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more
- d) Project management
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic leader comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders, making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.