2021 Analytics Engineer Intern
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Seeq is searching for a summer intern in the Analytics Engineering team to play a critical role in the growth of the company as it serves process industries. In fact, we are seeking 'superstars' in their fields.
In our internal parlance, Industrial Process Analytics Engineers are experts in the use of our tools and work with customers in helping them to solve problems using our tools. Our customers are within industrial process segments that collect and use large amounts of sensor data like oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, chemical, energy, power, food processing, and etc.
Focus areas within the company including an emphasis on product engineering, custom solutions, and sales application engineering. Analytics Engineer is a critical role and candidates are expected to continuously learn, grow, and contribute across several departments within the company. Various tasks and responsibilities will include analyzing customer needs, prototyping custom solutions, as well as assisting with installations, training, and support functions.
Analytics engineers need to understand the existing industrial software paradigm and have a passion for disrupting it with Seeq’s state-of-the-art tools. Ultimately, we are about helping our customers drive down costs in energy, food, medicines, and other consumable products to make the world a better place.
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion for the problem solution over specific experience or background requirements, but even so, the ideal candidate is likely to have most or many of the following characteristics:
- On the path to an educational background in one or more related disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Math, Data Analytics, and similar fields.
- You are regarded by your colleagues as one that ‘adds energy’ to everyone and every project you touch. You enjoy dissecting and explaining complex tasks.
- Exploits excellent communication skills and creative insights within multi-disciplinary team environments to contribute to exciting levels of shared vision and productivity.
- Enjoys customer interactions and solving customer problems. Able to translate a combination of customer-stated and customer-implied needs into a coherent needs documents for use by software development team.
- Enjoys working with the latest software products and tools solving real-world business and industrial challenges. Programming experience in Python and other programming languages is a plus. Should be power user of Excel and experience in Matlab, R, Tableau or other BI tools would be helpful.
- You are experienced in working and being successful in a virtual team environment.
About Seeq Corporation
Seeq is a remote-only company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
This position will be issued equity (stock options) based upon his/her expected contribution. We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment, high-bandwidth connectivity.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match into Seeq's position description. We receive hundreds of applicants for this role, so please help us identify how you can exceptionally contribute to our mission and our future success.
Seeq is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as Seeq does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Seeq’s vision is to address this requirement by closing the gap between advancements in data and computer science - big data and machine learning as e...