This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent has an opportunity for an Instructional Designer in our Client Services department who will design, develop and implement classroom, webinar and online training for a variety of Cvent products for both an internal and external audience. The ideal candidate will be passionate about people growth, excited about technology and excel at partnering with internal stakeholders in the development and delivery of training.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Client Training Programs and can be based in either the Vancouver Canada, Fredericton Canada, Dallas TX, or McLean VA offices.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop and maintain classroom, virtual classroom, online and self-paced training content using proven instructional design methodologies to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Preparation of all instructor related materials such as objectives, outlines, storyboards, and facilitator’s guides.
- Preparation of all student materials such as participant guides, workbooks, handouts, and training aids.
- Creation of courseware using programs such as Camtasia, Captivate, and Articulate 360.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with trainers, subject matter experts, stakeholders and other peers across Cvent.
- Design and implement reportable training measurement and evaluation systems for all programs.
- Participate in the review, testing, and revision of all new programs.
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation of existing training programs and delivery methods.
- Stay informed on instructional design best practices, industry standards and trends.
What you need for this position:
- BA or BS degree is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of educational models and standards, including instructional design and adult learning theory.
- 3 to 5 years in a training role with a focus on developing blended learning programs for adult learners.
- Experience in designing and developing software relating training programs and materials.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate 360 or other learning development related tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience using or administering a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Strong attention to detail and quality with exceptional organization skills.
- Creative, inquisitive and coachable; ability to take constructive feedback.
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.