Sales Enablement, Solutions Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
We are seeking a smart, hardworking, and successful sales learning & development professional who is passionate about helping others succeed and building high-impact pre-sales enablement solutions for our Solutions Engineering (SE) Organization at Slack.
As the Solutions Engineering Lead, Sales Enablement, you'll partner with SE leadership, sales, sales operations, and marketing to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate business impact. Your ability to measure and action on data will be an essential part of your role.
Slack has a diverse and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with SE leadership to vet and drive the pre-sales enablement strategy.
- Partner with the SE Management team to uncover business needs, design solutions to address these needs, launch, and measure.
- Partner with key SE cross-functional partners (marketing, operations, product, sales management, AEs) and external vendors to execute against SE priorities and plans.
- Lead cross-functional efforts, when required, to optimally execute against defined plans.
- Design and develop solutions across a variety of mediums (e.g., in-person, virtual, eLearning, videos, on-the-job support, management reinforcement & mentorship tools) to improve upon the way SEs create and design solutions that map to our clients' needs.
- Proactively balance the full training development life-cycle from inception to delivery
- Establish & create assessment and evaluation strategies to measure the efficacy and return on investment of training initiatives.
- Measure the impact of sales enablement solutions and iterate based on results.
What you should have
- 1-3+ years of experience driving sales training and broader sales enablement programs.
- 1-3+ years of enabling pre-sales solutions engineering experience developing technical and business value training.
Competencies for success
- Highly proficient at building strong, positive relationships with senior level partners.
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines at a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute.
- Passion for developing others.
- Proven success at running cross functional teams and partnering with external vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- Experience using standard eLearning tools such as Articulate, Captivate,, Continu, etc.), web-based meeting tools (Zoom, Bluejeans, WebEx, etc. and Knowledge management tools (Guru, Highspot) to build sound learning programs is desired.
- Ability to travel (~15%)
San Francisco / New York
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.