Senior Product Marketing Manager, Self-Serve
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Slack is hiring a Senior Product Marketing Manager to play a critical and strategic role in our self-service marketing funnel. This is an exciting opportunity to impact Slack’s core growth engine and guide new teams through their journey to optimally adopt Slack within their organizations.
We’re seeking a natural storyteller who will build messaging and positioning for each stage of the self serve customer journey. You’ll partner closely with the research, product, and analytics teams to draft and validate messaging and build a cohesive user journey that delivers the right messaging to the right individuals, at the right time. You’ll ensure that all customer facing touchpoints (ads, social, website, emails, product) look and feel cohesive and help users understand what Slack is, and how it can transform the way that they work.
You have a passion for navigating ambiguity, crafting messaging, driving clarity, and influencing strategy. You demonstrate a collaborative spirit, strong leadership, storytelling, and interpersonal and analytical skills. You know how to adapt quickly, optimize for learning at every step, and evaluate tradeoffs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Deeply understand the audience and experience of new teams signing up for Slack and onboarding
- Develop customer segmentation and targeting
- Own messaging and positioning that describes the value of Slack for each customer segment
- Validate and iterate on messaging through research and experimentation
- Partner with growth marketing and product to operationalize and test new messaging across all touchpoints in the user journey
- Identify content or education gaps and develop assets to fill those gaps and tell a cohesive story
- Monitor and optimize messaging and nurture campaigns to achieve activation and adoption metrics and pivot as needed
What you should have
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, lifecycle marketing, brand marketing or growth marketing in a B2B SaaS environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills: you have experience developing narratives and persuading people to try something new
- You're energized by measuring customer sentiment across a complex and diverse customer journey, with multiple paths and phases
- Test & learn mentality, lean on data and experimentation to make decisions and inform strategies
- Prior experience working at product-led growth organizations and/or freemium business models
- Thrive in cross-functional environments and in rallying different teams around a shared goal
- Be forward-thinking, well organized, and have an obsession for detail
- Passionate about the Slack brand and product
- BA/BS degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.