Senior Tax Counsel
This is not a remote role. It is required to be located in San Francisco, New York, Washington DC or Dallas. We have a hybrid work model so you must be willing to come into the office half of the time. Tuesdays and Thursdays are anchor days that are in-office required days company wide.
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
About the Role
Uber is looking to add a Senior Tax Counsel to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Director, Tax Counsel, with a focus on US international tax planning. This is an amazing opportunity to join our Tax team and make an immediate impact. This role requires strong business acumen, coupled with deep international tax planning and technical experience. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, we're excited to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Advise cross functional teams on US international tax planning including the application of Subpart F, GILTI, and BEAT to proposed M&A and internal restructurings
- Monitor existing and proposed tax legislation, assess planning opportunities, and identify/recommend initiatives to the Director, Tax Counsel and VP of Tax
- Lead tax planning/scenario modeling efforts, automation/maintenance of global tax org chart, and other efficiency related initiatives
- Partner with key contacts in legal, operations, corporate development, finance, and treasury to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Review contracts and collaborate with legal to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with global tax structure
- Work with a global tax team
- JD required, with active membership in a state bar
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a accounting firm, law firm and/or in-house at a multi-national corporate group with a solid understanding of international tax concepts, including complex international tax planning and corporate transaction experience
- Clear communication of legal concepts and ability to develop a positive narrative regarding tax positions
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear advice in a dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly communicate recommendations based on risk analysis in a highly ambiguous environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management team and coordinate with other teams within Uber
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
- Experience working with and in a cross-functional team
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Go with ease ➡️ Go with friends ➡️ Go with confidence ➡️ Go anywhere 🚗 Hop in ➡️http://Uber.com