Sr Manager, Product Design
The Senior Design Manager role will report to the Director of Design, Delivery. In this role the candidate will carefully balance the delivery of our enterprise tools for small, medium and large merchants, the long-term platform experience vision and the management of a team that is partnered with Product, Engineering and Research.
The mission of the Merchant Design team is to invent, design and build platforms that enable merchants to accelerate their business growth using the UberEats Delivery platform. We are looking for a Senior Manager, who is passionate about leading a team and building tools and experiences that drive increased usage and productivity for a variety of merchants.
You will be crafting magical user experiences for a diverse set of users at grocery, alcohol and restaurant merchants across the world. Surrounded by extraordinary talent, you will define bar-raising user requirements, drive new architectural thinking, influence our product roadmaps, and have creative freedom to transform the way the world gets anything delivered.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborative Design sprint scoping, planning and team management
- Lead bi-annual cross functional design workshops
- Drive and design conceptual sketches, wireframe information architecture, low to high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications
- Partner with product managers and engineers on product strategy, planning and feature launches
- Collaborate with partner teams
- Use research methodologies to turn customer feedback into actionable findings
- Use business requirements, research, and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale
- Understand and respond to data (metric tests, usability studies), using that to advise future design
- Drive efficiency and scale through improvement and/or automation
- Draw from existing brand guidelines and standards
- Document and implement new design standards, methods or processes
- Lead design reviews, give presentations to drive design, demonstrating features and flows
- Mentor, grow, and guide design team members' career development to build a diverse talent team.
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Proficiency with the latest tools to build design and a strong desire to learn new ones. Figma expertise encouraged.
- Effective prototyping skills
- Experience building products for Android, iOS, and web
- Fast-paced with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
- Strong understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
- A degree in HCI, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Go with ease ➡️ Go with friends ➡️ Go with confidence ➡️ Go anywhere 🚗 Hop in ➡️http://Uber.com