Sr Software Engineer - Storage
About the Role
We are looking for talented engineers to join the Storage Platform. We provide standardized, integrated and fully managed database, object storage and cache infrastructure. Our offerings support large scale workloads, high QoS and are scalable and reliable. Together with that we provide the infrastructure that connects real-time databases to the Big Data Platform that powers business decisions at Uber.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Design, lead prototyping and development, test and roll out the next generations of our storage infrastructure at Uber, meeting high standards of performance, reliability, and usability.
- Collaborate with others, both from Storage Platform and from application engineering teams, to ensure that the infrastructure we're building works seamlessly across different storage backends and best serves application engineers.
- Mentor more junior engineers, guiding their work and supporting their professional development.
- Contribute to enhancing the team's technical and organizational culture; serve as a role model to others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.).
- 4+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Experience implementing complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Experience coding with Go, Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience in at least one of scalable storage and databases.
- Knowledge of scalable storage and distributed systems. For example, you know the tradeoffs of different sharding and replication strategies; you can reason about data consistency in a distributed environment.
- Experience analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale, high-traffic distributed systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Go with ease ➡️ Go with friends ➡️ Go with confidence ➡️ Go anywhere 🚗 Hop in ➡️http://Uber.com