Payroll & Benefits Specialist (9-month Contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the People Team
Our People Operations team is growing our team to help operationalize and scale the People function at Wealthsimple! Together, we will work to advance multiple exciting projects while providing functional support across the business. In 2021, we are looking forward to scaling our infrastructure, supporting our growth, and delivering projects that elevate our impact!
One of our biggest initiatives for 2021 is the implementation of Workday; a project in which this role will have the opportunity to support.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the end to end payroll and benefits operations including onboarding and enrolment, status changes, leave management (pregnancy, parental, and disability), and offboarding
- Provide advice on best practices on routine as well as complex payroll transactions, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Act as point of contact with payroll providers to quickly troubleshoot issues, including amending ROE’s, special pay runs, and other time sensitive transactions
- Partner with HR Operations Generalist to support payroll integration of systems into Workday. Develop workflows and processes to ensure accurate data flow
- Respond to any CRA inquiries on ROE reason codes
- Respond to employee inquiries for any payroll or benefits related questions
We're looking for someone who has:
- Has a sharp eye for detail — nothing gets by you!
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills — you’re great at ensuring everyone’s on the same page
- Takes initiative - strong personal accountability for high quality work, actively finds opportunities for improvement
- A payroll certification (PCP or CPM) is considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll and administering employee benefits
- Experience in both multi-province (including Quebec) and US payroll practices and relevant legislation
- Excellent time management skills, adhering to dates and deadlines ensuring completion
- Experience with BambooHR and Gusto people platforms is considered an asset
- Experience with the Canada Life administration portal is considered an asset
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.