Brand Designer ll
About the Role
We're looking for a conceptual graphic designer who can bring the brand to life across all our customer touch points. You will work on a customer-focused team to design visual elements of the brand and its applications across communications. The job involves working collaboratively with internal marketing teams, creative problem solving, and creating clear and compelling design. This visual craftsperson should know what works and what doesn't, should have superb layout and graphic design skills and a mastery over digital design systems, responsive frameworks, as well as big platform or omni-channel ideas.
This role will entail communicating effectively with the creative/art directors, designers, copywriters, developers, project and marketing managers. This person should be able to think beyond a single channel execution, know how to scale designs effectively across responsive states and channel variance between print, out-of-home, web, email, and social, and expand the potential of design systems and template frameworks. Be prepared to develop layouts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to team members, and create compelling, relevant, and meaningful work. As a Brand Designer at Uber, you'll work on multiple projects, prioritizing as needed and efficiently managing time while receiving strategic and tactical direction. You'll intelligently explore the problem space with a high degree of autonomy, using the appropriate tools and levels of fidelity. Owning the design process end-to-end, moving from concept through to shipping, at multiple fidelity levels and producing handoffs to support that process using channel best practices and create accurate artifacts ready for deployment.
What You'll Do
- Design brand elements and applications across marketing materials including print, out-of-home, email, in-app, web, social
- Create production ready assets and hand-off annotation specifications with a high-degree of accuracy
- Contribute to Uber multi-channel, design systems across marketing surfaces
- Create consistent work that fits within the Uber brand; elevating the level of work with attention to detail and ability to think outside of the box
- Work with development and deployment teams to review and approve asset deliverables including but not limited to: website, email, and in-app builds in our internal tools and systems.
- Identify blockers before they happen, suggest solutions to work process and systems
- Be a contributing team member within multi-disciplinary team of creatives.
- 4+ years working as a Designer in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency or creative organization.
- Degree in design, communications, marketing; or equivalent
- Expertise in branding, style guides, and digital marketing (Email, in-app, SMS/PUSH, paid social and display channels) best practices or proficiency using various marketing technologies
- Experience working on a range of projects including design systems, guidelines, responsive web pages, and email templates
- A solid understanding of typography, designing to a grid, and inclusive design concepts
- Ability to design according to business and technical requirements and comfort with ambiguity and changes in direction
- Proficiency in quickly iterating in design for customer testing
- Familiarity with user experience principles
- Understand how to scale ideas for global deliverable
- Portfolio of beautiful, compelling design work
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with a broad in-house team
- Experience working with business and marketing stakeholders; receiving feedback and adapting work.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company's discretion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Go with ease ➡️ Go with friends ➡️ Go with confidence ➡️ Go anywhere 🚗 Hop in ➡️http://Uber.com