Director, Total Rewards
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
The Director, Total Rewards is accountable for evolving a comprehensive total rewards strategy that enables Wealthsimple to attract, reward, and retain top talent. This role plays an integral part of our People leadership team and will collaborate on projects with leaders from our Talent Acquisition, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, HR Business Partner, and Finance teams. You will be accountable to lead and develop a team focused on: compensation, benefits, payroll, and broader programs in support of our remote first model.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage, mentor and develop the Total Rewards team; ensuring tight partnership with the full People function
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders to understand their perspectives and needs related to compensation and benefits, and to provide counsel to leaders regarding evolving compensation practices, evaluating new positions, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers
- Lead compensation strategy for the company by conducting market research, recommending programs, compensation design, and long-term incentive programs including equity
- Lead the annual compensation review cycle, evaluate, and recommend changes to our compensation and benefits programs to ensure they are performance driven, market competitive, and employee centric
- Design, implement and administer Wealthsimple’s benefit programs and meet our employees’ evolving needs and ensure that the company is in compliance with all compensation and benefits laws and regulations
- Manage and negotiate with brokers and third party solution providers to continue innovating and delivering value to our employees
- Support M&A activities as they relate to benefits and compensation
- Create a strong culture of recognition and equity through the design of reward and recognition programs
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication & education strategy for our total rewards programs
- Oversee and provide support for the payroll function
We're looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience in compensation/ benefits/ total rewards and 5+ years of people management experience
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Experience designing long range incentive programs including equity (options and RSU models)
- Strong business acumen and curiosity
- Excellent at problem solving
- Highly collaborative and adaptable
- Analytical and research skills; leveraging data for insights and to inform significant decisions
- Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience presenting to executives and employees at all levels about total rewards
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.