HR Business Partner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) works as a strategic business partner with our technical portfolio (including Engineering, Product & Data Science) and drives initiatives that impact employee engagement, organizational effectiveness, organizational change, talent management, diversity and inclusion, performance, and culture. As a trusted advisor, the HRBP provides coaching and counsel to front-line managers on human resources solutions that contribute to the goals of the business unit and supports a high performing and engaged working environment.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee and implement human resources programs and practices that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness that align with business strategies in areas including talent management, compensation, learning and development, and performance management
- Support front-line managers in solving Employee Relations issues through effective coaching, problem solving and ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and policies
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions
- Partnering with Technical functions (Engineering, Product & Data Science) to foster conversations to promote career development, training and development
- Overseeing HR policy creation and compliance to employment laws and regulations
- Work with leaders to develop effective organizational structures to drive organizational health
- Consult and coach all levels of management to build and serve high performing, diverse and inclusive teams
- Analyze HR trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Coach employees and people leaders to role model behaviours that support our company values and culture
- Provide interpretation and guidance for the application of HR policies and procedures
Skills we’re looking for:
- 5 - 7+ years’ experience in an HR Business Partner or similar HR role
- Applied knowledge of local labour laws and statutes for employment across Canada provinces with thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, practices and standards
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development and change management is a plus
- Resourceful and self-motivated with ability to work in changing environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience
- Demonstrated experience with coaching employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.