Sr. Consultant I, Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As part of our Sales and Customer Success team, Slack Experience Consultants work with our largest and most strategic customers to design and prepare people for new ways of working, increase product adoption, and elevate the maturity of Slack usage across the Enterprise. Experience Specialists conduct focus groups, interviews, and use other design thinking methods to understand critical communications and workflows that will be migrated to Slack. They perform current state (e.g., readiness) assessments for the shift to the Collaboration platform, which is foundational for the launch plan and sequencing.
As part of the Professional Services team, Slack Experience Specialists work with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, Engagement Managers, Technical Architects, Enterprise Learning leads and other cross-functional teams to deploy Slack to large enterprises. They focus on the employee experience by enabling teams to launch Slack successfully, adopt it widely, and realize significant business value.
What you will be doing
- Work with Success Services leadership to define and build out new functions and methodologies within the Services organization as needed
- Build internal capabilities for the Experience team to ensure consistency in delivery methodology for this function
- Support the building of the Experience brand, role differentiation, and expertise in implementing Slack
- Lead and develop junior resources on customer projects
- Work with executive sponsors to develop and articulate the vision and strategy for agile collaboration
- Understand current state business processes, customer workflows, and collaboration across an organization
- Facilitate workshops, interviews and other engaging activities with customers across all departments to better understand employee needs, business objectives and how Slack can enable them
- Craft future state business processes and related employee experiences aligned with the Slack platform
- Build launch plans and roadmaps to increase participation and minimize resistance to change
- Develop change, adoption, and maturity strategies to guide employees to realize the most value from using Slack
- Enable support functions to serve the business and rapidly move into operational success
What you should have:
- 10+ years business process transformation and/or change management experience (preferably within a SaaS environment)
- 2+ years of experience (preferably within a SaaS environment)
- Experience in end-to-end system implementations
- Excellent consultative and communication skills both with customers and with internal partners
- Proven track record resolving issues and risks in a cross-/functional and collaborative way
- Respected for your ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strategic thinker and problem solver focused on customer success
- Ability to present and have discussions at the C-level
- Operational experience building out functions and programs
- Ambitious and hardworking with creative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.