Manager, Client Experience
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Client Success team works closely with every part of Wealthsimple, learning the intricacies of how we build products, invest clients' money, and keep clients happy. At Wealthsimple, we are maker-owners, we believe that simple is better, and we do what's right for each client. As a Manager, Client Experience, you will be helping shape the future of our front line client experience.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Deliver an amazing client experience; no matter what - do what's right for each client. You'll need to build upon your existing investment, personal finance and stock trading knowledge. You will have to explain complex concepts in a simple and accessible way
- Join our Client Success leadership team, acting as the subject matter expert for your domain and managing escalations
- Mentor and coach a team of Client Experience Team Leads; develop the next generation of leaders
- Lead change management; get team buy-in and implement effective change quickly and productively on your teams
- Act as the primary feedback loop with Product Managers to elevate client pain points and drive solutions to root-causes
- Work with the Client Success Operations team to identify operational improvements and drive productivity measures with an innovative approach
- Handle new processes and exceptions manually, and keep prioritized backlog of what we can automate
We’re looking for someone who:
- Wants to make a difference. We are a small team effectively reshaping how people look at the industry. We need people who 'get it' and want to play an integral part in helping us accomplish this mission and are persistent in getting the job done
- Possesses a passion, curiosity, and energy for financial services + investing. You understand the ins and outs of wealth management, trading, and more importantly - know how to explain these concepts simply
- Thrives in client-facing situations. At Wealthsimple, we want to take client frustrations and turn them into exceptional client experiences and help clients progress along their individual financial journeys.
- Has great analytical and prioritization skills. You know how to balance what needs to be done with what’s possible to do. You understand the scope of an issue and its priority - 'this is how things are done' is not in your vocabulary
- Embraces technology and the role it plays in financial services. Specifically, you have the flexibility to navigate multiple applications simultaneously to deliver unprecedented solutions
- Wants a career that makes getting up each morning exciting! This is not an average role, and you'll have the ability to make an impact
Skills we’re looking for:
- Experienced at leading and driving others to action (Client Success, financial services or startup team would be a plus)
- Awesome people skills and a positive attitude. You will interact with hundreds of clients each day through a variety of channels (phone, email, presentations)
- Acts without being told what to do. Takes full ownership over work and proactively seeks help and input when needed
- Plans, organizes, and schedules in a productive manner, allowing for a focus on key priorities
- Demonstrates a natural curiosity. Approaches all situations with a growth mindset, willing to explore, learn and establish themselves as an expert in critical areas of the role
- Strong orientation to data and ability to leverage data to make challenging but necessary trade-offs
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powerful financial tools to help you grow and manage your money.