SAP iXp Intern - Cloud Engineer Job
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
Are you passionate about delivering cloud solutions that are scalable, reliable and rapid-growing? Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation Cloud Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Here, you will be operating and enhancing the application infrastructure for delivering SAP Cloud for Analytics, the next generation of enterprise software in the cloud. You will be ensuring maximum uptime to delight our rapidly growing customer base.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Cloud Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Expected start date to end date: January 4, 2020 – September 3, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
• Provision, monitor and operate cloud services in a globally distributed team
• Analyze and solve operational issues, and respond to incidents
• Conduct root cause analysis and implement continuous improvements
• Partner with local product development team to design and enhance the services
• Create and improve automation for testing, deployment, scalability, management, and visibility of our services
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Currently registered in Computer Science or Engineering
• Critical thinker with a passion for engineering and service excellence
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• Ability to multitask and handle various projects, deadlines and changing priorities
• Strong motivation to learn, teach and grow
• Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases and programing on them
• Knowledge of and experience with source control systems such as GIT, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
• Experiences with web services, networking and internet (DNS, TCP/IP, Apache, firewalling, Load Balancing, RESTful/OData Services, SAML SSO…) are preferred but not mandatory
• Looking for someone who can commit for 8 months internship starting January 2021 in our SAP Vancouver office location.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Cloud, Intern, SAP, Engineer, ERP, Entry Level, Technology, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Help the world run better and improve people’s lives.