Senior Ruby Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Buyapowa is a technology company based in London, with offices in Vancouver, Berlin and London. We operate the leading global refer-a-friend platform, which allows brands and retailers to identify their biggest advocates, then motivates and rewards them for introducing new customers. Plugging seamlessly into an existing website or app, the Buyapowa platform does more than merely ask customers to refer their friends - it incentivises and equips them to share again and again.
Buyapowa is the only advocate marketing platform designed for large enterprises - many of which trade within regulated industries - we deliver a fully-compliant, secure and flexible solution that can be deployed anywhere in the world. Buyapowa works with over 100 of the world’s largest brands and retailers, including T-Mobile, Gap, Vodafone, First Direct, Formula 1 and BT.
Globally, we’re a team of 40 employees and we’re growing quickly. We’ve won awards both for our technology and our work with clients. And we’re passionate about what we do - so we like to get things done - but, at the same time, we have fun as a team and thrive off each other’s energy.
We’re looking for someone who wants to:
- Be involved in shaping solutions from any stage of development
- From identifying behaviour from our monitoring
- Drilling down a client request to its core platform wide value
- Live feedback from customers on site
- In discussions with Product Managers
- From small bug fixes to microservices to scaling up existing processes
- Be responsible for delivering stories from idea to production
- Mentor other developers.
- Willing to pair with whatever skill sets are required to deliver their solution.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Solid Test Driven Ruby on Rails experience
- Formed an opinion on React and Vue
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS, ES6
- Come from Agile practices and is open to a more lean approach
- Understands the importance of writing clear, intention revealing code
You might like working here if you:
- Like to work with different languages to solve different problems
- Want to see how continuous delivery works and scales
- Want to work with Serverless Architecture
- Enjoy being part of a diverse team
- Have a strong passion for development
- Deliver efficient solutions, at a sustainable pace
- Possess a positive attitude and enjoy tackling problems alongside your team
- Care about the quality of your work and the impact it has on the product and company
- Regular retrospectives
- Be part of a rapidly growing business expanding internationally
- Annual Learning & Development budget
- Fully remote working (we take this seriously and will ensure you have the tools and set-up you need to get the job done).
This is a fully remote position. Full time. Immediate start.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The global leader in enterprise advocacy solutions