Staff Risk and Compliance Engineer
United States Remote
Our Security teams support the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a key member of the Risk and Compliance Team, you understand that building customer trust is critical to Slack’s success. You are passionate about information security risk management, privacy and maintaining customer confidence. You have the focus and organization to champion the adoption of sound security practices across all of Slack’s business and engineering teams. You are passionate about learning, building, and sustaining processes to address new regulatory, compliance, and customer requirements and jump at the chance to use your technical knowledge to answer customer questions. In this role, your work will directly impact the way millions of users, teams and businesses get things done. We are seeking a motivated individual that is not only focused on delivering results but does so in a collaborative and courteous manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the integration of Slack acquisition(s) into Slack’s risk and compliance posture (e.g. SOC 2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP).
- Lead and/or assist in future industry and geographic specific certifications (e.g. FedRAMP, IRAP, C5, etc.)
- Partner with legal and policy counterparts to create policies and artifacts that support compliance programs.
- Partner with legal to redline customer contracts as it relates to security
- Represent security in sales and partnership meetings
- Respond to customer inquiries, questionnaires, and RFPs
- Mentor team members to further enhance their skills and knowledge
What you should have:
- Deep understanding of cloud concepts and their relation to compliance framework(s)
- Understanding and ability to implement SOC 2, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP controls across an organization.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management, attention to detail, and other related organizational skills while interacting with stakeholders across multiple time zones.
- Significant experience in presenting technical findings and their business impacts to senior management.
- Industry certification(s) and/or Bachelor’s Degree
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.