People Program Manager, Distributed Workforce
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Slack’s People Operations team is looking for a globally-minded People Program Manager to lead Distributed Workforce efforts in a remote-first world. Our mission is to make the working lives of our employees simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
What we need:
Someone with general business insight and high-level knowledge of many People subject areas including global workforce management and headcount planning, employee experience design, global talent mobility, and people operations. We are looking for someone who will effectively partner with internal and external collaborators in order to ask the right questions, drive clarity and advise on the right course of action. You should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. You are a critical thinker who is naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and execute on a global remote workforce and internal transfers program that achieves Slack’s business goals.
- Partner closely with Recruiting, Total Rewards, Talent Management, Workplace, Finance, Payroll, Tax and Legal to determine desired outcomes, establish scalable processes, and implement methods to measure program success.
- Run operations for the remote workforce and internal transfers programs including set up, day-to-day program management, compliance and metrics.
- Work with Recruiting on understanding talent needs along with the prioritization and execution of remote workforce hiring strategy
- Collaborate with International Operations to expand Slack's capacity to support remote work.
- Support employees and managers through the entire internal transfer or remote workforce request process.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of proven experience managing people programs, preferably with a focus on international operations, global expansion, global mobility, talent mobility or distributed workforce.
- Basic familiarity with talent mobility, workforce planning, legal & tax compliance and other operational challenges stemming from a global workforce.
- Strong project management skills and be able to meet business deadlines.
- Proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally, building strong relationships and becoming a trusted partner to relevant team members.
- Experience designing, building and executing on complex global people programs and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects and priorities and able to shift direction when priorities change.
- A creative, get stuff done attitude and ability to complete high-quality projects quickly in ‘fast follow’ phases.
- A passion for learning new technologies quickly and teaching others!
- Familiarity with Slack strongly preferred.
- Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
- Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive — for everyone.