Engineering Manager, Customer Experience Products
Toronto, ON, Canada
At Slack, our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive. Our Customer Experience (CE) team lives this every day, by providing delightful experiences to our customers. We have a healthy roster of companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and they have highly customized support needs.
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Customer Experience Products Engineering team. Our mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. To improve the working lives of our customers, we create innovative help and education experiences, localize Slack at scale, and make sure there’s a world of highly useful apps at their fingertips.
As the Engineering Manager for CE Products, you’ll lead a group of hardworking engineers. Together, you’ll tackle projects on the Slack Help Center and App Directory. We're looking for someone who understands the value of career development and will help our teams do the best work of their lives. You’ll help propel the team forward by facilitating project progress, process improvements, technical and personal mentorship, and general engagement and satisfaction at work.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Lead and coach a team of engineers tasked with delivering reliable, scalable products and features
- Craft a meaningful technical vision, collaborating with other leaders in CE Products
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team
- Stay aligned on priorities with our partners in Customer Experience and cross-functionally
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
What you should have:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’re passionate about management, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your reports’ success.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for products and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with CE Products leadership. You hold yourself and others accountable for driving project execution.
- You are able to weigh several (sometimes conflicting) constraints and make quick, sound decisions.
- You’re highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-paced company, strong organizational skills — both for yourself and for the team — will be required.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.