Inside Sales Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
Shippo is looking for a new sales leader to scale the Inside Sales team. As a new leader on our team, you will be at the center of elevating sales enablement, coaching, revenue generation, and culture. You will help our high-velocity sales representatives grow their ability to provide customers with a positive and productive buyer’s journey. If you’re a sales leader with the penchant for improving processes, enabling team members to grow their skills, and a knack for testing new activities, we’d love to speak with you!
In this role, you will
- Report to the Director of Inside Sales and collaborate on strategic OKRs
- Manage and continue to expand a team of Inside Sales Representatives (inbound channel) and Account Development Representatives (outbound channel)Sales
- Provide and report metrics around productivity, acquisition, conversion, pipeline, and quota attainment
- Enable and grow the skills necessary to continue to help Shippo’s Inside Sales team to move up market
- Own and grow the on-boarding and training of new employees within the Inside Sales team
- Execute Shippo’s Sales strategy, test new activities, report on opportunities, and project revenue growth for the team moving forward
- Lead weekly team meetings to review sales pipeline results, discuss sales strategies, and facilitate product training sessions
- Maintain a culture built on high energy, creativity, and a consultative sales approach
- Cultivate and foster high performers through goal-oriented coaching sessions to assess the sales representative’s current capabilities, motivators, and career aspirations, create and foster a culture of excellence where reps love coming to work and feel they’re being developed towards their fullest potential
- Own a segment of the team sales quota, leads, and deals within the funnel
- Collaborate with Demand Generation, Marketing, RevOps, Customer Success, and Business Development to improve cross-functional processes
You are a great fit for our team (and will love the role) if you:
- Use data driven approach to big number problems
- Have a strong history of performance as both an IC and Manager
- Have a passion for performance coaching and enablement
- Are a collaborator, a seller, and a motivational leader
- Love a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- 2-3 years of management experience
- 5+ years or related sales experience in a quota driven sales capacity (both inbound and outbound sales)
- Have sold B2B software applications, API platforms, or complex technical product in a competitive market
- Consistently exceeded sales performance metrics and KPIs at past companies as an individual contributor
- Recruited, hired, and onboarded new sales representatives at all levels
- Managed a team quota and attainment month over month
- Goal oriented, team player, and a self-starter who is highly motivated to succeed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering shipping for e-commerce merchants to help deliver the experiences today's consumers expect.